Gue Mummy Village is a place in Lahaul & Spiti district of Himachal having mummy of centuries old buddhist monk. This blog will share complete knowledge of how to reach Gue Mummy Village from Shimla through different modes.
Where is Gue Mummy Village located?
Gue Mummy Village is a small village near China border in Himachal Pradesh. This place is situated around 150 Km ahead of Reckong Peo Lahaul & Spiti district.
|Name of the Place||Gue Mummy Village ( ग्यू ममी गांव )|
|District||Lahaul & Spiti|
|Elevation||3650 m, 12000 ft|
|Best time to visit||April – June, September – October|
|Travel Distance by road||370 Km|
|Travel Time by road||11 Hrs (approximately)|
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Shimla
Gue Mummy Village is connected by road and accessible majorly during summers. The distance between Gue Mummy Village from Shimla is around 370 Km. There are different modes by which one can reach Gue Mummy Village.
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Shimla by Road
There are various options to reach Gue Mummy Village by road.
You can refer to the below table to plan your journey to Gue Mummy Village.
|Sr. No.||Location||Distance (Km)||Elevation (ft)||Elevation (m)||Time (Hr)|
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Shimla on a Bus
Himachal Pradesh State Owned Buses are called HRTC buses ( Himachal Road Transport Corporation buses). They are usually green/blue in color.
Route – Shimla – Reckong Peo by bus and then Reckong Peo to Gue Mummy Village by bus.
Below are the bus details you can choose
From Shimla to Reckong Peo:
|SR. No.||SERVICE NO.||SHIMLA ISBT TUTIKANDI||RECONGPEO||DURATION||DEPOT||TYPE||ORIGIN||DESTINATION||ONLINE BOOKING|
|1||333||3:40 AM||4:00 PM||12:20 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||SHIMLA ISBT TUTIKANDI||POOH VILLAGE||YES|
|2||633||4:30 AM||1:30 PM||9:00 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||DHARAMSHALA||THANGI||NO|
|3||1220||5:00 AM||2:15 PM||9:15 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||HARIDWAR||RECONGPEO||NO|
|4||556||5:45 AM||3:00 PM||9:15 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||DELHI ISBT KASHMIRI GATE||RECONGPEO||NO|
|5||255||6:56 AM||4:40 PM||9:44 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||SOLAN||RECONGPEO||NO|
|6||1513||9:00 AM||7:00 PM||10:00 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||CHANDIGARH||RECONGPEO||NO|
|7||CHD-RPO||10:30 AM||7:00 PM||8:30 Hrs||REC PEO||HIMMANI DELUXE 2X2 NON AC||CHANDIGARH||RECONGPEO||NO|
|8||273||6:30 PM||3:30 AM||9:00 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||SHIMLA ISBT TUTIKANDI||RECONGPEO||YES|
|9||1511||10:20 PM||7:00 AM||8:40 Hrs||REC PEO||HIMMANI DELUXE 2X2 NON AC||CHANDIGARH||RECONGPEO||NO|
|10||CHD-SML-RPO||10:30 PM||7:00 AM||8:30 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||CHANDIGARH||RECONGPEO||NO|
|11||1512||11:30 PM||9:00 AM||9:30 Hrs||RAMPUR||ORDINARY||CHANDIGARH||KALPA||NO|
From Reckong Peo to Sumdo
|SR. No.||SERVICE NO.||RECONGPEO||SUMDO||DURATION||DEPOT||TYPE||ORIGIN||DESTINATION||ONLINE BOOKING|
|1||RPO-KZA-01||5:30 AM||11:45 AM||6:15 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||RECONGPEO||KAZA||NO|
|2||RPO-KZA-02||7:30 AM||1:45 PM||6:15 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||RECONGPEO||KAZA||NO|
From Sumdo to Gue you need to take taxi or hitch hike with another tourists as there is no direct bus to Gue
For online booking of buses on the HRTC website kindly Click here
Note: If you are planning to take an offline HRTC bus, kindly confirm the timings from the HRTC Depot office before finalization. Click here to know the phone numbers.
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Shimla on your own Vehicle
If you can reach Shimla in your own Vehicle then reaching Gue Mummy Village is not too difficult a task.
- The travel time is around 10 hrs so please make sure you start early in the day so that you reach Gue Mummy Village in the evening..
- Highway up to Karcham after that single-lane road.
- Road near Gue Mummy Village is not so okay, so having a high-ground clearance vehicle would be a good option.
- You don’t require a 4X4 vehicle there as the normal vehicle can reach there.
- The road from Rampur to Gue Mummy Village is considered among the most dangerous roads so driving should be done carefully.
- In winter there would be high snowfall above Shimla to Narkanda and then in the Kinnaur district so weather updates to be taken before the start of the journey.
- There are limited petrol pumps the way after Rampur.
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Shimla on a bike
Nowadays traveling into the Himalayas on Bike is becoming a trend. Lots of bikers every year travel to remote areas and enjoy the beauty. Reaching Gue Mummy Village on the bike would be the dream for every adventure lover. Kindly consider the below points before planning a trip to Gue Mummy Village on a bike.
- Every bike can reach Gue Mummy Village but prefer a bike with > 150 cc engine if you are with a pillion rider.
- You will feel the major variation in the temperature while traveling on the bike as there is a gain and drop of altitude. Shimla to Narkanda at a higher altitude than Rampur at a lower altitude.
- Ride carefully as the road from Rampur to Gue Mummy Village is considered a dangerous road so driving should be done carefully.
- Carry rain covers along with as there might be rain at higher reaches.
- There are many landslide-prone areas that are treacherous during the rainy season.
- During winters Bike riding is not advisable as there will be snowfall / black ice on roads and bike riding is extremely dangerous..
- There are limited petrol pumps the way after Rampur so please plan and fill the tank based upon the fuel consumption of your bike.
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Shimla on a Taxi
Taxis can easily be hired for Gue Mummy Village and there are many options available on the online platforms. Following key things to be considered while taxing taxis to Gue Mummy Village.
- Drivers should be experienced in traveling in these areas.
- Vehicle to be comfortable since travel time would be more than 8 hrs.
- Ground clearance of the Vehicle to be good.
- Negotiate well before finalization.
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Shimla by Train
Gue Mummy Village is not connected by train. The last station is at Shimla
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Shimla by air
Since Gue Mummy Village is located deep in the Himalayas, there is no major airport nearby.
Summary – “How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Shimla”
Let’s summarize what we have understood in this blog “How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Delhi ”
- Gue Mummy Village is a wonderful travel destination located in the Lahaul & Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh at around 370 KM from Shimla.
- You can reach Gue Mummy Village in one day from Shimla.
- Gue Mummy Village can be reached during summers but the best time is from April – June and then from September – October.
- Gue Mummy Village can be reached by self-driven car, bike, taxi, and by Bus.
- Cheapest way to reach Gue Mummy Village is by the HRTC bus and many options are available.
We hope you have got a good understanding of “How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Shimla ”. If you want to give suggestions on this blog ” please comment.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions:
Question – Shimla to Gue Mummy Village bus
Answer – There is no direct bus from Shimla to Gue Mummy Village with online booking. You can change at Reckong Peo.