Gue Mummy Village is a place in Lahaul & Spiti district of Himachal having mummy of centuries old buddhist monk. This blog will share complete knowledge of how to reach Gue Mummy Village from Chandigarh through different modes.
Where is Gue Mummy Village located?
Gue Mummy Village is a small village near China border in Himachal Pradesh. This place is situated around 150 Km ahead of Reckong Peo Lahaul & Spiti district.
|Name of the Place||Gue Mummy Village ( ग्यू ममी गांव )|
|District||Lahaul & Spiti|
|Elevation||3650 m, 12000 ft|
|Best time to visit||April – June, September – October|
|Travel Distance by road||490 Km|
|Travel Time by road||14 Hrs (approximately)|
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Chandigarh
Gue Mummy Village is connected by road and accessible majorly during summers. The distance between Gue Mummy Village from Chandigarh is around 490 Km. There are different modes by which one can reach Gue Mummy Village.
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Chandigarh by Road
There are various options to reach Gue Mummy Village by road.
You can refer to the below table to plan your journey to Gue Mummy Village.
|Sr. No.||Location||Distance (Km)||Elevation (ft)||Elevation (m)||Time (Hr)|
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Chandigarh on a Bus
If you want to travel to Himachal with a limited budget then traveling by Bus would be the best option. Unlike other hilly states, the bus network in Himachal is very good and night service is also available.
Himachal Pradesh State Owned Buses are called HRTC buses ( Himachal Road Transport Corporation buses). They are usually green/blue in color.
There are multiple options to reach Gue Mummy Village by bus. You can take the bus to major bus stands / ISBTs and then a further connecting bus can be taken.
Before moving to the options we need to understand the route map.
Option – 1 Chandigarh – Reckong Peo by bus and then Reckong Peo to Gue Mummy Village by another bus.
Below are the bus details you can choose
From Chandigarh to Reckong Peo:
|SR. No.||SERVICE NO.||CHANDIGARH||RECONGPEO||DURATION||DEPOT||TYPE||ORIGIN||DESTINATION||ONLINE BOOKING|
|1||556||1:10 AM||3:00 PM||13:50 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||DELHI ISBT KASHMIRI GATE||RECONGPEO||NO|
|2||1220||1:30 AM||2:15 PM||12:45 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||HARIDWAR||RECONGPEO||NO|
|3||1513||4:44 AM||7:00 PM||14:16 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||CHANDIGARH||RECONGPEO||YES|
|4||CHD-RPO||6:05 AM||7:00 PM||12:55 Hrs||REC PEO||HIMMANI DELUXE 2X2 NON AC||CHANDIGARH||RECONGPEO||NO|
|5||1511||5:50 PM||7:00 AM||13:10 Hrs||REC PEO||HIMMANI DELUXE 2X2 NON AC||CHANDIGARH||RECONGPEO||YES|
|6||CHD-SML-RPO||6:00 PM||7:00 AM||13:00 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||CHANDIGARH||RECONGPEO||NO|
|7||1512||7:00 PM||9:00 AM||14:00 Hrs||RAMPUR||ORDINARY||CHANDIGARH||KALPA||YES|
From Reckong Peo to Sumdo
|SR. No.||SERVICE NO.||RECONGPEO||SUMDO||DURATION||DEPOT||TYPE||ORIGIN||DESTINATION||ONLINE BOOKING|
|1||RPO-KZA-01||5:30 AM||11:45 AM||6:15 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||RECONGPEO||KAZA||NO|
|2||RPO-KZA-02||7:30 AM||1:45 PM||6:15 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||RECONGPEO||KAZA||NO|
From Sumdo to Gue you need to take taxi or hitch hike with another tourists as there is no direct bus to Gue
Option – 2 Chandigarh to Shimla, then to Gue Mummy Village.
The bus service from Chandigarh to Shimla is much more frequent. You can easily reach Shimla based on the connecting bus from Shimla.
From Shimla to Gue Mummy Village Travel you can read this blog with complete details of Buses. .
Option – 3 Chandigarh to Manali, then to Gue Mummy Village.
Similar to Shimla , bus service from Chandigarh to Manali is also frequent.
From Manali to Gue Mummy Village Travel you can read this blog with complete details of Buses.
For online booking of buses on the HRTC website kindly Click here
Note: If you are planning to take an offline HRTC bus, kindly confirm the timings from the HRTC Depot office before finalization. Click here to know the phone numbers.
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Chandigarh on your own Vehicle
If you have good exposure to driving on mountainous roads and your vehicle is an SUV then this is a perfect option to travel to Gue Mummy Village. Below are Key things to be considered while traveling to Gue Mummy Village on your own driving.
- The travel time is more than 14 hrs so please make sure you start early in the morning so that you reach Gue Mummy Village in the evening before it is dark.
- Roads till Solan are good ( separate lanes for up and down traffic).
- Highway up to Karcham after that single-lane road.
- You don’t require a 4X4 vehicle there as the normal vehicle can reach there.
- The road from Rampur to Gue Mummy Village is considered among the most dangerous roads so driving should be done carefully.
- There would be many landslide-prone areas that are treacherous during the rainy season.
- In winter there would be high snowfall above Shimla to Narkanda and then in the Kinnaur district so weather updates to be taken before the start of the journey.
- There are limited petrol pumps the way after Rampur.
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Chandigarh on a bike
Nowadays traveling into the Himalayas on Bike is becoming a trend. Lots of bikers every year travel to remote areas and enjoy the beauty. Reaching Gue Mummy Village on a bike would be the dream for every adventure lover. Kindly consider the below points before planning a trip to Gue Mummy Village on a bike.
- Every bike can reach Gue Mummy Village but prefer a bike with > 150 cc engine if you are with a pillion rider.
- You will feel the major variation in the temperature while traveling on the bike as there is a gain and drop of altitude. Shimla to Narkanda at a higher altitude than Rampur at a lower altitude.
- Ride carefully as the road from Rampur to Gue Mummy Village is considered a dangerous road so driving should be done carefully.
- Carry rain covers along as there might be rainy uphill while there is a clear sky on the plains.
- There are many landslide-prone areas that are treacherous during the rainy season.
- During winters Bike riding is not advisable as there will be snowfall / black ice on roads and bike riding is extremely dangerous..
- There are limited petrol pumps the way after Rampur so please plan and fill the tank based upon the fuel consumption of your bike.
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Chandigarh on a Taxi
Taxis can easily be hired for Gue Mummy Village and there are many options available on the online platforms. Following key things to be considered while taxing taxis to Gue Mummy Village.
- Drivers should be experienced in traveling in these areas.
- Vehicle to be comfortable since travel time would be more than 12 hrs.
- Ground clearance of the Vehicle to be good.
- Negotiate well before finalization.
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Chandigarh by Train
The nearest railway station en route to Gue Mummy Village is the Shimla railway station. But this station is on the narrow gauge. You need to change trains from Kalka railway station. The Kalka railway station is for both broad gauge and narrow gauge. You can easily reach Kalka railway station from Chandigarh which is less than an Hour.
- This route is a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Best train route to see beautiful Himalayan mountains.
- Travel time is much high since the maximum speed of this train is around 30 km/hr
- The frequency of the trains between Kalka and Shimla is quite low.
How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Chandigarh by air
Since Gue Mummy Village is located deep in the Himalayas, there is no major airport nearby.
The nearest airport en route to Gue Mummy Village is Shimla airport but there is no direct service available on the plane from Chandigarh.
Heli service is available from Chandigarh to Shimla.
Summary – “How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Chandigarh”
Let’s summarize what we have understood in this blog “How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Chandigarh ”
- Gue Mummy Village is a wonderful travel destination located in the Lahaul & Spiti District of Himachal Pradesh at around 490 KM from Chandigarh.
- Gue Mummy Village can be reached during summers but the best time is from April – June and then from September – October.
- Gue Mummy Village can be reached by self-driven car, bike, taxi, and by Bus.
- Nearest railway station is Shimla which is narrow gauge. The train can be taken from Kalka.
- Nearest airport is Shimla airport but no direct service from Chandigarh.
- Cheapest way to reach Gue Mummy Village is by the HRTC bus and many options are available.
We hope you have got a good understanding of “How to reach Gue Mummy Village from Chandigarh ”. If you want to give suggestions on this blog ” please comment.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions:
Question – Chandigarh to Gue Mummy Village bus
Answer – There is no direct bus from Chandigarh to Gue Mummy Village. You can take the bus to Reckong Peo and then to Gue Mummy Village.