Kufri is one of the beautiful hill stations in Himachal Pradesh. It is a weekend destination for North Indian Tourists. This blog will share complete knowledge of how to reach Kufri from Delhi through different modes.
Where is Kufri located?
Kufri is a small town situated on Hindustan Tibet road National Highway -22 just 15 Km away from Queen of Hills – “Shimla”.
|Name of the Place||Kufri ( कुफरी )|
|Elevation of Place||2600 m, 8500 feet|
|Best time to visit||Round the year, For Snow Mid-Dec to Mid -Feb|
|Distance from Delhi||Around 380 Km|
How to reach Kufri from Delhi
To reach Kufri, you need to first reach Shimla, which is well connected by road and accessible throughout the year except during very heavy snowfall.
The distance between Kufri from Delhi is around 380 Km. There are different modes by which one can reach Kufri.
How to reach Kufri from Delhi by Road
There are many options for reaching Kufri by road.
You can refer to the below table to plan your journey to Kufri
|Sr. No.||Location||Distance (Km)||Elevation (ft)||Elevation (m)||Time (Hr)|
How to reach Kufri from Delhi on a Bus
If you want to travel to Himachal with a limited budget then traveling by Bus would be the best option. Unlike other hilly states, the bus network in Himachal is very good and night service is also available.
Himachal Pradesh State Owned Buses are called HRTC buses ( Himachal Road Transport Corporation buses). They are usually green/blue in color.
There are multiple options to reach Kufri by bus. You can take a bus to major bus stands / ISBTs and then a further connecting bus can be taken.
Before moving to the options we need to understand the route map.
There are many direct buses from Delhi to Kufri. You can choose the options below for reaching Kufri.
Option – 1 Delhi to Kufri.
There are many buses from Delhi to Kufri :
|SR. No.||SERVICE NO.||DELHI ISBT KASHMIRI GATE||KUFRI||DURATION||DEPOT||TYPE||ORIGIN||DESTINATION||ONLINE BOOKING|
|1||525||4:50 PM||2:30 AM||9:40 Hrs||ROHRU||ORDINARY||DELHI ISBT KASHMIRI GATE||ROHRU||YES|
|2||532||5:59 PM||6:20 AM||12:21 Hrs||ROHRU||ORDINARY||DELHI ISBT KASHMIRI GATE||ROHRU||YES|
|3||538||6:31 PM||6:30 AM||11:59 Hrs||RAMPUR||ORDINARY||DELHI ISBT KASHMIRI GATE||RAMPUR||YES|
|4||301||7:43 PM||6:45 AM||11:02 Hrs||SHIMLA RURAL||ORDINARY||DELHI ISBT KASHMIRI GATE||KHAMADI||NO|
|5||556||8:10 PM||7:15 AM||11:05 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||DELHI ISBT KASHMIRI GATE||RECONGPEO||YES|
|6||518||9:58 PM||8:15 AM||10:17 Hrs||REC PEO||ORDINARY||DELHI ISBT KASHMIRI GATE||SANGLA||NO|
Option – 2 Delhi to Chandigarh, then to Kufri.
From Delhi to Chandigarh:
There are many buses between Delhi and Chandigarh. You can easily get an ordinary/deluxe / Volvo bus very frequently.
From Chandigarh to Kufri Travel you can read this blog with complete details of Buses .
Option – 3 Delhi to Shimla, then to Kufri.
Similar to Chandigarh, bus service from Delhi to Shimla is much more frequent. You can easily reach Shimla based on the connecting bus from Shimla.
From Shimla to Kufri Travel you can read this blog with complete details of Buses
For online booking of buses on the HRTC website kindly Click here
Note: If you are planning to take an offline HRTC bus, kindly confirm the timings from the HRTC Depot office before finalization. Click here to know the phone numbers.
How to reach Kufri from Delhi on your own Vehicle
If you have good exposure to driving on mountainous roads then this is a perfect option to travel to Kufri. Below are key things to be considered while traveling to Kufri on your own driving.
- Around 9 Hrs are required to reach Kufri from Delhi.
- Roads till Solan are very good separate lanes for up and down traffic) and in the rest part till Shimla construction is going on the road..
- Highway from Shimla to Kufri is in good condition..
- You don’t require a 4X4 or a SUV as the normal vehicle can reach there.
- In winter there would be high snowfall above Shimla to Kufri. Please plan your journey by checking the weather.
- If you want to by-pass Shimla you can go to Chail and then to Kufri.
How to reach Kufri from Delhi on a bike
Kindly consider the below points before planning a trip to Narkanda on a bike.
- Every bike can reach Kufri but prefer a bike with > 150 cc engine if you are with a pillion rider.
- You will feel the major variation in the temperature while traveling on a bike as there is a gain and drop of altitude. Shimla to Kufri at a higher altitude than delhi.
- Carry rain covers along as there might be rainy uphill while there is a clear sky on the plains.
- There would be many landslide-prone areas that are treacherous during the rainy season.
- During winters Bike riding is not advisable as there will be snowfall / black ice on roads and bike riding is extremely dangerous..
How to reach Kufri from Delhi on a Taxi
Taxis can easily be hired for Kufri and there are many options available on the online platforms. Following key things to be considered while taxing taxis to Kufri.
- The Driver should be experienced in traveling in these areas.
- Vehicle to be comfortable since travel time would be around 10 hrs.
- Ground clearance of the Vehicle to be good.
- Negotiate well before finalization.
How to reach Kufri from Delhi by Train
The nearest railway station en route to Kufri is the Shimla railway station. But this station is on the narrow gauge. You need to change trains from Kalka railway station. The Kalka railway station is for both broad gauge and narrow gauge.
- This route is a UNESCO world heritage site.
- Best train route to see beautiful Himalayan mountains.
- Travel time is much high since the maximum speed of this train is around 30 km/hr
- The frequency of the trains between Kalka and Shimla is quite low.
The major train station en route to Kufri is Chandigarh railway station.
- There are many regular trains between Delhi and Chandigarh.
- Taxi service, as well as bus service, is available for further journeys.
- Since Chandigarh is only 250 km from Delhi, the rest of the journey will be covered on road so better travel the whole journey by road.
How to reach Kufri from Delhi by air
- The nearest airport en route to Kufri is Shimla airport.
- More than half the distance can be covered.
- Kufri can be covered in a day if you start early from Delhi.
- The frequency of the flights between Delhi and Shimla is quite low.
- Total travel costs will be much higher.
- Total distance is not covered.
- Another airport en route to Kufri is Chandigarh airport.
- There are many regular flights between Delhi and Chandigarh.
- There is not much time saving on flights from Delhi to Chandigarh.
- Total distance is not covered.
Summary – “How to reach Kufri from Delhi”
Let’s summarize what we have understood in this blog “How to reach Kufri from Delhi ”
- Kufri is a wonderful travel destination located in the Shimla district of Himachal Pradesh at around 380 KM from Delhi.
- You can reach Kufri in 9 hrs from Delhi
- Kufri can be reached throughout the year.
- Kufri can be reached by self-driven car, bike, taxi, and by Bus.
- Nearest railway station is Shimla which is narrow gauge. The major railway station is Chandigarh railway station.
- Nearest airport is Shimla airport.
- Cheapest way to reach Narkanda is by the HRTC bus.
We hope you have got a good understanding of “How to reach Kufri from Delhi ”. If you want to give suggestions on this blog ” please comment.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions:
Question – Delhi to Kufri bus
Answer – There are many direct buses from Delhi to Kufri . Details of the buses are in the blog.