India is a multi-cultural country that boasts many different languages, religions, their food, cultural, traditions, festivals, and many other amazing things. If you want to know about India, you need to date back to deep history of it. India gave birth to many prominent personalities, and others. Not only that, India is a land of all seasons where a tourist can come anytime year round and explore their interesting sites and attractions.
Interesting facts about India
Head towards south and you will be fascinated with the green environment and food, towards north the Himalayas is waiting to welcoming you, the west is all time favorite city lies called Mumbai, and the east is filled with amazing beauty of Sundarban Area – a forest where greenery and animals are the major draw. Wherever you go, the food of India is the special and delicious that cannot be found in the entire world.
So if you are planning to visit the complete different world of joy, then check out some of the interesting facts about India. This will help you explore further.
- India is the largest, oldest, and continuous civilization of the world.
- India has never invaded by other countries in its last 10,000 years.
- India is considered as the largest democracy in the world.
- The oldest city in the world is Varanasi in India, which is in Benaras.
- A number called Zero has been invented in India by Aryabhatta. After that, India is believed to have been provided with the Number System in the world.
- The first university in the world is in Takshashila, India that was built during 700 BC and more than 10,500 students from all over the world has attended it.
- The Sanskrit language is the mother of all European languages.
- The most ancient school of medicine is Ayurveda that was merged by Charaka more than 2500 years ago. He is known as the father of medicine as well.
- Before the British invaded India during the early 17th century, India was known as the richest nation in the world.
- Navigation word derives from the Sanskrit word Navgatih. This art of Navigation was developed more than 6000 years ago along the river Sindhu.
- During the 5th century, an ancient Indian astronomer named Bhaskaracharya had calculated the time of earth to orbit the sun. It was 365.258756484 days.
- The value of ‘pi’ was first calculated by Budhyana during the 6th century, who also explained the Pythagorean Theorem.
- The origination of Algebra, Trignometry, and Calculus is from India.
- India is home to the first reservoir and dam in the world for irrigation that was constructed in Saurashtra.
- The first Chess game was invented in India.
- Sushruta is the father of surgery as he and a group of health scientists during his time had performed complex surgeries. It took more than 2600 years ago including cesareans, artificial limbs, cataract, fractures, urinary stones and also plastic surgery and brain surgery.
- Last but not the least, total 25% of the population in the world follows four different religions that are originated in India. These religions are Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism.
With this India is considered as the largest English speaking nation.
- So before you head on to this incredible India, just go through the interesting facts about India that will help and give you additional information to see India from the inhabitant’s point of view.